The Flames announced their 2016-17 schedule today with their season beginning on October 12 in Edmonton when they open up Rogers Place, and hopefully continue their dominance of the Oilers in Edmonton.
A full schedule can be found here.
- The Home Opener will be on October 14th vs Edmonton
- The Flames have a good chance to get out of the gate early with the first five games against EDM x2, VAN, BUF, CAR
- After those 5 games, only 1 of the next 12 are against non-playoff teams
- The Flames have a 6 game road trip at the end of November (DET, BUF, CBJ, BOS, PHI, NYI)
- Flames host Coyotes on New Year's Eve
- The Stanley Cup Champion Penguins come to Calgary on March 13
- The Flames longest homestand is 4 games which happens three times in March
- The season ends with 6 games against the California teams in the Pacific Division
- Flames face every divisional opponent 5 times except Edmonton who is only 4
Games vs Canadian Teams:
- Vancouver: A (Oct.15), H (Dec 23), A (Jan 6), H (Jan 7), A (Feb 18)
- Edmonton: A (Oct 12), H (Oct 14), A (Jan 14), H (Jan 21),
- Winnipeg: H (Dec 10), A (Jan 9), A (Mar 11)
- Toronto: H (Nov 30), A (Jan 23)
- Ottawa: H (Oct 28), A (Jan 26)
- Montreal: A (Jan 24), H (Mar 9)
- A= Away H= Home
I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for Flames hockey to get back underway and now we can officially start counting the days until the regular season begins. Only 113 to go!