Last Night's Score:
Penguins win series 4-2
The Penguins eliminated the Presidents trophy winners last night with an overtime victory in Game 6. Nick Bonino scored the winner after the Capitals had erased a 3-0 Penguins lead to force overtime. The Pens and Lightning will square off in the Eastern Conference Final. Rip a lot of people's playoff brackets.
Series tied 3-3
The Flames could get Dallas' first round pick with a Stars win tonight. The Stars won Game 6 in St. Louis a couple nights ago and now have the opportunity to advance to the Western Conference Final. The road team has won 4/6 games so far in this series, here's hoping that trend changes for the benefits of us Flames fans.
Tomorrow Night's Game:
Series tied 3-3
Unlike the Stars-Blues series, the home team has won all six games in this matchup and the Predators are going to need to change that on Thursday night. The Preds are used to this already this playoffs as they entered Anaheim in Round 1 and eliminated the Ducks. Can they do the same to the Sharks?
- Pittsburgh eliminated the Capitals for the 8th time in 9 playoff meetings
- Phil Kessel had a three point game, 2 goals and an assist on the series clinching goal
- The West is being decided in Game 7's
- Go Stars Go tonight, please win and move the Flames up to the 1st round
- The Sharks are trying to make the conference final for the first time since 2011
- The Predators are looking for their first trip to the Western Conference Final in franchise history
1st Star of the Night:
As already mentioned, Phil Kessel's three point game is a huge reason why the Penguins advanced, and why Alex Ovechkin is on his way to Russia for the World Hockey Championship right now.
Vote in our Game 7 poll below and check out our playoff pool this weekend for our third round selections once they are set.