- The Flames traded Curtis Glencross for a second and third round draft pick in the 2015 entry draft from the Capitals. (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
- Before that, the Flames claimed David Schlemko off of waivers from the Dallas Stars. (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
- Mark Giordano was placed on the I.R. and is headed back to Calgary. (Flames Nation)
On the Farm
- The Colorado Eagles traded for Aaron Crandall. (Colorado Eagles)
Around the League
- The Maple Leafs claimed Tim Erixon off of waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks. (Pension Plan Puppets)
- Jared Cowen's suspension came to an end.
- The Arizona Coyotes traded Keith Yandle, Chris Summers and a fourth round draft pick to the New York Rangers for John Moore, Anthony Duclair, a first round draft pick in the 2016 entry draft and a second round draft pick in the 2015 entry draft. (Five for Howling)
- The Rangers also acquired James Sheppard from the San Jose Sharks for a fourth round draft pick in the 2016 entry draft. (Blueshirt Banter)
- The Winnipeg Jets acquired Lee Stempniak from the Rangers for Carl Klingberg. (Arctic Ice Hockey)
- The Columbus Blue Jackets signed Dillon Heatherington, their 2013 second round pick, to a three year entry-level contract. (Blue Jackets)
- The Edmonton Oilers waived Keith Aulie. (NHL)
- The San Jose Sharks signed Aaron Dell to a one year deal. (NHL Free Agents)
- The Carolina Hurricanes signed Jay McClement to a two year contract extension. (Canes Country)
- The Detroit Red wings acquired Erik Cole and a conditional third round pick from the Dallas Stars for Mattias Janmark, Mattias Backman and a second round pick. (Winging it in Motown)
- The Boston Bruins acquired Brett Connolly from the Tampa Bay Lightning for two second round draft picks. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
- The Philadelphia Flyers traded Braydon Coburn to the Lightning for Radko Gudas, a first round draft pick and a third round draft pick. (Broad Street Hockey)
The Hockey Games (Click Teams for Recaps)
- The Jets defeated the Kings five to two.
- The Penguins beat the Blue Jackets five to three.
- The Panthers won against the Lightning four to three.
- The Blue Jackets shut out the Maple Leafs four to nothing.
- The Ducks downed Dallas as the Stars lost three to one.
- The Canucks squeaked by the Blues six to five in a shootout.