There wasn't a lot of action going on in Flames world, but there was plenty going on around the league. Here's the news and notes.
- Dennis Wideman checks in with his old stomping ground in Boston. (Boston Herald)
- Matt Stajan talks about his trade experiences. (The Hockey Writers)
In the System
- Adirondack lost to Toronto five to two. (Adirondack Flames)
- The Eagles defeated Alaska six to two. (Reporter Herald)
Around the League
- Antoine Vermette was traded from the Coyotes to the Blackhawks for Klas Dahleck and a first round draft pick. (Second City Hockey)
- Tomas Fleischmann was traded from the Panthers in exchange for Dany Heatley and a third round pick from the Ducks. (Litter Box Cats)
- The Capitals traded Jack Hillen and a fourth round pick to the Hurricanes for Tim Gleason. (Canes Country)
- The Blackhawks waived Tim Erixon and the Stars waived David Schlemko. (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
The Hockey Games (Click Names for Recaps)
- The Panthers beat the Sabres five to three.
- The Red Wings downed the Predators three to two.
- The Hurricanes knocked off the Islanders five to three.
- The Devils shut out the Blue Jackets two to nothing.
- The Bruins took out the Coyotes four to one.
- The Canadiens shut out the Maple Leafs four to nothing.
- The Flyers came back to beat the Rangers four to two.
- The Blues squeaked by the Oilers two to one.
- The Wild dumped the Avalanche three to one.
- The Senators defeated the Sharks four to two.