The Flames take on the Islanders in Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum today. Here's the latest news from Flames world and around the league.
- Kelly Hrudey reminisces about his time in the coliseum. (Calgary Herald)
- Corey Potter is ready to play after being a scratch for so long. (Calgary Sun)
- Flames TV takes us for a tour of the soon-to-be-extinct home of the Islanders. (see entrance video)
- Here's a look at Raphael Diaz and his worth. (Flames Nation)
- Karri Ramo makes for an interesting interview. (The Hockey Writers)
In the System
- Ryan Culkin could return for the playoffs. (Post Star)
- The Flames may add a collegiate goalie in the A.H.L. to bolster their depth. (Flames Nation)
Around the League
- The Maple Leafs traded he who shall not be traded (David Clarkson) was traded for he who shall not play again (Nathan Horton). (Jackets Cannon)
- Adam Cracknell was traded to the Blue Jackets for future considerations (St. Louis Game Time)
- The Blackhawks traded T.J. Brennan to for Spencer Abbott. (Second City Hockey)
- The Panthers acquired Jaromir Jagr for a second round pick and a conditional third rounder. (Litter Box Cats)
The Hockey Games (Click Teams for Recaps)
- The Sabres doubled up the Canucks six to three.
- The Canadiens downed the Blue Jackets five to two.
- The Rangers moved into first place by defeating the Coyotes four to three.
- The Blackhawks shut out the Panthers three to nothing.
- The Maple Leafs tank stalled against the Flyers three to two.
- The Blues won against the Jets in a shootout.
- The Wild defeated the Predators four to three.
- The Red Wings knocked off the Sharks three to two.
Andrew Hammond got his second shutout in back to back road games as the Senators beat the Kings one to nothing.