Only one more day until an actual game, we promise. Well, barring some disaster that is. The schedule makers are evil and they should feel bad about themselves.
- Lauren and Mark Giordano went back to school with some kids. (See video above)
- The Flames annual poker tournament raised $350,000. (Flames)
- Some rookie guys by the names of Emile Poirier and Michael Ferlund were called up and it's causing quite the ruckus. (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
- Steve Montador wanted his brain to be donated to research on concussions. (Globe and Mail)
- Karri Ramo talks playing in Madison Square Garden. (Calgary Herald)
- Thanks to Reddit, this piece by Kent Wilson on how to draw Olli Jokinen is trending. (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
In the System
- A look at some of Poirier's numbers. (Flames)
- Adirondack is getting ready to induct some new members into their hall of fame. (Adirondack Flames)
- The Injury to Ryan Miller means that Jacob Markstrom is being recalled which may give them a leg up on Utica. (Post-Star)
- Brandon Hickey played in the Beanpot. (Flames Nation)
Around the League
- David Krejci will be out for up to six weeks. (Yahoo!)
- Somebody defecated on the stairs during the Penguins and Panthers game. (Pensblog)
- Jared Cowen was officially suspended for his hit on Jussi Jokinen. (Faceoff)
- The Blue Jackets are shopping James Wisniewski. (NBC Sports)
- There are some surprising statistics on concussions in women's hockey. (Globe and Mail)
- Speaking of concussions, the Henrik Zetterberg is not going through concussion protocols and may return this week. (Michigan Live)
The Hockey Games (Click for Team Pages)
- Calgary is going into New Jersey at the wrong time as the Devils are on a four game winning streak after shutting out the Coyotes three to nothing.
- The Ducks defeated the Red Wings four to three in a shootout.
That's all we have on a light news day. See you later for the game!