The Flames are still hibernating before their trip to the east coast, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any headlines coming out. Here is the news from Calgary and the rest of the N.H.L.
- The Flames might want to consider claiming everyone's favorite cosmonaut Ilya Bryzgalov. (Flames Nation)
- Johnny Gaudreau is a wee bit stoked for his return to his homeland. (Flames)
- Sam Bennett might be disappointed to be back in juniors, but the Frontenacs are more than happy to have him back. (Calgary Sun)
- The New Jersey Devils still think they can make the playoffs and they'll be taking the Flames more seriously than your average competitor in an east vs. west contest (The Hockey Writers)
- Joe Colborne talks to Gaudreau about playing in front of his family. (Calgary Herald)
- Tim Horton's Brier is pushing the Flames to the road at an important part of the season. (Canadian Press)
- In case you haven't heard it talked about 87 time pi times, hockey runs in Josh Jooris' family. (Flames)
In the System
- Behind the scenes with the Adirondack Flames Equipment manager Steve Sumner. (Post-Star)
- The Colorado Eagles played a bit of a thriller in Ontario winning six to five in overtime. (Reporter Herald)
Around the League
- Don Cherry says that nobody's ever gotten a concussion from fighting. (CBC)
- Jared Cowen is likely to be suspended for his hit on Jussi Jokinen. (Edmonton Sun)
- The NHL is adding advanced stats to their website. (Flames)
- Speaking of the NHL adding advanced stats, some people aren't pleased with the job that they've done implementing them. (Hockey Analysis)
- Johnny Oduya was injured against the Bruins and is day to day. (Fansided)
- Patrice Bergeron scored a landmark 200th goal. (NESN)
- Flyers fans might have pulled the fire alarm in the Capitals' hotel. (CSN Washington)
- An Eddie Shore jersey sold for $119,000.00 in an auction. (AP)
- Josh Gorges is done for the season and Nikita Zadorov is suspended. (Die by the Blade)
- Alexei Emelin will be out for up to six weeks. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
The Hockey Games (Click Teams for Recaps)
- The Flyers defeated the Capitals three to two in a shootout.
- The Bruins crushed the Blackhawks six to two.
- The Predators downed the Sabres two to one in a shootout.
- The Canucks shut out the Islanders four to nothing.
- The Penguins made short work of the Panthers five to one.
- The Avalanche upset the Lightning five to four.
- The Rangers squeaked by the Blue Jackets in a shootout four to three.
- The Wild conquered the Stars six to two.