We're looking for a new site manager to take this here site, Matchsticks & Gasoline, to the next level.
This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive Flames fan. The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Flames. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Flames fans love.
You don't need to live in the Calgary area, but it wouldn't hurt. Compensation is in the form of a monthly stipend -- think beer money, not rent money.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality Flames writing.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the M&G Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of M&G.
- Respect the tone, work, personalities and community that have made M&G the best Flames blog on the Internet.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Calgary Flames, the NHL and hockey.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
tl;dr: if you're a passionate Flames fan who wants to help us grow Matchsticks & Gasoline into the destination for all Flames fans on the Internet, we want to hear from you.
Please provide links to your blog, Twitter account, Facebook page, writing samples, or anything else you feel might be relevant where applicable in the application below. Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Questions? Email me: travis at sbnation.com