So, your team didn't make the playoffs this year. For us, as pitiful Flames fans, it is a sad truth we all know far too well: five straight years and counting. That leaves us with pretty much three choices:
- Pretend the playoffs aren't happening and just go watch and/or do something else.
- Just sit back, watch, and enjoy with no strings attached.
- Pick a team and bandwagon them.
And if cheering for the Bruins gives you any second thoughts - because, let's be honest, Boston sports - then remember two things:
- The Bruins are heroes. They stopped the Canucks in 2011, and we are all eternally grateful.
- Ray Bourque. Longtime (or at least knowledgable) Bruins fans know exactly what we, as Flames fans, are going through with Iggy.