Adirondack defeated the talented Chicago Wolves Tuesday evening at the Glens Falls Civic Center 3-0. In an incredibly entertaining and fast paced game, the home team withstood some challenges in each period, including a late major penally kill to win their sixth consecutive game.
- Joni Ortio was, well... unbelievable. His 28 save shutout does not give his effort justice. Many of his saves this evening were of the Sports Center top 10 variety. The team played well in front of him - but many of his saves were just spectacular.
- Bill Arnold continues his strong play. He hit a post and a crossbar and was part of several offensive zone opportunities.
- Recently signed Taylor Vause unselfishly set up Mathieu Tousignant on a beautiful power play goal in a strong second period.
- Corban Knight had a strong game, which included a goal and several other scoring opportunities.
- The Flames were outshot 28 - 17 - but killed all five shorthanded situations, including Patrick Sieloff's major penalty in the third period. Adirondack was 1 for 3 on the power play.
- Captain Nolan Yonkman had another strong defensive game and was a +2 this evening. Mark Cundari was also +2 this evening.
- The Flames are 8-2 in their last ten games and are 9-6-1 on the season.
The Flames remain at home this weekend, with games against Syracuse and Rochester.