The Adirondack Flames continued their winning ways on the road with a 4-3 win at Rochester Monday night. The Flames are 3-0 on their present road trip and 5-1 in the last six games.
- Max Reinhart was called up before the Rochester game - joining Jooris, Ferland (IR), Granlund, and Baertschi in Calgary.
- The team continued its strong offensive play with other forwards stepping up. Monday night it was Bill Arnold's turn - as he scored his first two goals of the season.
- Emile Poirier continued his strong play and netted his third goal in four games. He is a +4 since returning.
- The power play was 1 for 4, but gave up a shorthanded goal early in the third period. The Flames currently rank 4th in the AHL in power play effectiveness.
- Since struggling a bit the last couple weeks, the Flames have tightened up defensively, only allowing 7 goals in their last 3 games.
- The penally kill gave up 1 goal on 7 kill situations - including a 4 minute shorthanded situation and lengthy 5 on 3. The Flames are still near the bottom of the AHL in penalty kill effectiveness.
- Joni Ortio got his first game action in over a week - making 27 saves on 30 shots, including some key saves in the third period.
The Flames have been much improved in the past couple weeks and now find themselves in second place in the North Division of the Western Conference. They return home for a short week of practice, before taking on Lake Erie on Friday night and Saturday afternoon in Cleveland.