This is one of those games.
You know the ones. Where all the arrows are pointing in the right direction for a win. Where your hopes for the team are high and everything in the universe seems to be indicating a sure-fire victory. And you lose.
Think about it:
- Bourque returning from injury and on the first line
- Team coming off best win of the year
- Kipper nursing a 2 game shut-out streak
- Iginla coming off a first-star-of-the month performance
- PHX a rag-tag bunch the Flames should be able to beat.
Throw in the fact that I'm paying to watch this contest and the gut-punch loss is all but guaranteed.
Prove me wrong Flames. Prove me wrong.