Look, if you're watching this game at home, I suggest doing so with a nice glass of rye whiskey in your hand and a bottle in the other hand (assuming you can legally drink). Granted, I suggest this for most activities, but this is aCanucks team that's already significantly better than Calgary, and is coming off a road trip that saw them lose two games by a cumulative 10-1 (one game was 9-0, so that first stat may be a bit skewed).
Vancouver will be wanting to take advantage of Calgary's general horribleness, so at least I'm expecting a blood bath- and for that I've made a drinking game for you and the bottles of rye whiskey you're holding by now, right?
1. Calgary looks hopelessly lost on the ice. Not just hemmed in their own zone, or making bad plays, but just utterly confused and terrible. Really, they have to be just a complete trainwreck to drink here, otherwise you might kill your liver.
2. A quality sorta guy like Tom Sesito does something that just puts him in a compromising position, like trying to kill a fly right next to Matt Stajan's head, or trying to make sure the area around Sean Monahan's knees is clear of alligators. He's just being helpful!
3. Mikael Backlund is awesome.
Take a shot when...
2. Brian McGrattan and/or Kevin Westgarth do something completely useless.
3. Someone on TV mentions a terrible suggestion for a Flames GM hiring.
So there's your HDIC drinking game, you silly mounties, you. And before I go and leave you with your future liver problems, here's the projected lines for tonight:
Go Blair Jones - Matt Stajan - Lord Paul Byron
Kevin Westgarth - Ben Street - Brian McGrattan
Dennis Wideman - Shane O'brien
Who knows? Right now Henrik Sedin is a gametime decsion, and I can't find any lines listed that reflect that. Screw it, here's my based on nothing guess:
Zac Dalpe - Chris Tanev
Dan Hamuis - Kellan Lain
Kellan Lain - Kellan Lain
Because it doesn't have to be sad sack Saturday, here's your pump up let's beat the poop outta Vancouver song for the night:
Deer Tick - The Bump (Live on KEXP) (via KEXP)