VANCOUVER, CANADA - JUNE 13: Vancouver Canucks fans react while gathered to watch Game Six of the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs on June 13, 2011 at a viewing site in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. (Photo by Rich Lam/Getty Images)
Last night was a great night for Bruins fans and Canucks haters, to be sure. But it was just as good a night for anyone that loves the NHL and the game of hockey. Not because it was a particularly great game in terms of overall competitiveness or closeness. No, it was a great game because it gives us one more night, one more game, one more chance at watching the players take the ice in what is probably the greatest sports moment in any league: the Stanley Cup Final Game 7.
Links after the jump.
- Puck Daddy writes about why Tim Thomas is the antithesis of Roberto Luongo. If it were an actual question, the answer would simply be "Thomas' hair isn't considered a fire hazard". [Puck Daddy]
- Down Goes Brown (have I mentioned lately that I was once on the same radio show as DGB? #notserious #selfaware) talks about the Stanley Cup presentation the NHL had planned for last night in case it came to that. BUT IT DIDN'T GUYS AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. [Down Goes Brown]
- Looks like the hiring for B. Sutter's eventual replacement can begin now that ol' Jimbo Playfair has left the Heat for the heat. GET IT? [Flamesnation]
- As a reminder: the greatest moment of Jim Playfair's career. [Puck Daddy]
- The single greatest hockey video clip of the day. HINT: IT INVOLVES A SEDIN GETTING PUNCHED REPEATEDLY. [SB Nation]
- The single greatest non-hockey video clip of the day. It's got Stephen Colbert talking about some sport with some guy whose mom Delonte West boinked. I dunno. [SB Nation]