Im chewing on a lot of stuff in the aftermath of another first round exit, including the revelatory injury information the team has come out with today. In some ways, it casts a better light on this group of hockey players and the team going forward. And yet, I can't help but feel there were egregious errors made along the way that exacerbated the issues, especially down the stretch.
I plan to sit down and write a thorough season review at some point in the near future, but I thought an open bitch session would be appropriate at this time.
Here's some questions and issues that have occured to me today:
- Considering the resulting cap issues, the team's results afterwards and the package surrendered, just how big a disaster was the Jokinen trade?
- Why was Phaneuf a league leader in ice time when he was playing through chronic injury?
- Why didn't the few players that were ostensibly healthy in the post season (Moss, Glencross, Boyd, Nystrom, etc) get more ice time?
- What explanation is there for Jarome's step back this season?
- Should the team soldier forward with this same group of coaches? There's evidence on both sides of the equation this season, so it's a fair question.
- Feel free brainstorm or vent in the comments.